Saturday, May 27, 2006

 

A COMFORTGHAN'S STORY



In order to set apart this comfortghan project I have chosen to make, I have created a blog just for it and any other comfortghans I assemble through Heartmade Blessings.

Currently, I am working on a comfortghan for my neighbor and good friend, Cindi. On Tuesday, May 16th, her 24 year old daughter was found dead in her car which had run off the road hours before. It is believed that she might have died before the accident and not as a result of the accident.

Many people who have lost a child can attest that it is an awful thing to go through. I have not personally experienced such a loss, and feel totally helpless in comforting my friend. I don't know what she needs. All I've been able to do is just "be there", listen to her, check in on her, etc. But I want to DO something! So having been a member of Heartmade Blessings for several years, I thought of making a "comfortghan" for her. Therefore, I sounded the call for 12" squares in shades of turquoise and brown, colors that Cindi likes. And this blog shall be the showcase of the love and caring sent out to Cindi in her time of grief. In this small way, I hope that Cindi discovers that there are others who care about her, some having gone through what she is experiencing, and that even strangers can care enough to reach out to her in love.

This is for you, Cindi.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?